Robert BrierleyDirector of Human Resource
PACCAR’s talent development and succession plan program identified the talent gap between current capabilities against future
requirements. A program involving training, skills development, rotation projects, promotion and coaching was then established
which has led PACCAR to develop a job capability matrix for each key role for now and the future.
- Analysing and identifying your future business and talent needs
- Conducting a capability audit and gap analysis
- Developing the Talent Acquisition, Development and Retention plan
- Optimising and reinventing your existing workforce to meet future capability demands
- Robert Brierley
2:50 PM PACCAR Australia: Developing Talent for the Next Generation Workplace to Achieve Corporate Goals
In 2010, it was projected that by the 2020 approximately 4% of PACCAR’s professional workforce would be retiring each year. At the same time new skills in robotics, software, design engineering and logistics would also be needed.
Because of this, we will need to develop our talent capability in order to develop the next generation of leaders and employees in time for the next generation of trucks.
- Keeping the high potential employees highly engaged through constant goal setting and development
- Identifying, reinventing and redeploying existing talent aligned to future succession and capability plans
- Ensuring multi generational employees collaborate towards achieving future focused outcomes