Pre Conference Workshops
8:30 am - 11:00 am Reimagining Leadership Pathways for a Future WorkforceJayne Ward - Head of Performance, Talent & Rewards Australia Post
As organizations change, the leadership agenda is to develop a new class of leaders with strategic and forward-thinking skills.
Characteristics of great leadership are timeless and universal. However, different eras produce different kinds of leaders and demand
for a different genre of leaders. These leaders are manifested in different skill sets, attitudes, motivation, authority and power.
- Encouraging, teaching and inspiring conscious leadership in employees to support a revolution of thinking around leadership
- Outsmarting the competition with strategic and innovative thinking
- Increasing your leaders' agility and improve the quality of their decision making
- Improving productivity & employee engagement by building a future focused mindset
Jayne WardHead of Performance, Talent & Rewards
11:00 am - 2:00 pm Retaining Talent through Development of a Progressive Organizational CultureRebecca Evans - Group Executive, People & Culture PEXA
Organizational culture and its significance in employee engagement, recruitment and retention is a hot topic these days. According to research, 74% of recent grads would choose to work in an engaging, positive social atmosphere – even if it meant accepting a lower salary. Hence, a strong organizational culture is not only critical for engaging, attracting and retaining senior executives, it is a crucial issue going forward as organizations have a very diverse and modern generation workforce coming up.
- Exploring how a progressive organizational culture contributes to improved employee performance
- Understanding how investing in growth of a healthy culture leads to increase in productivity
- Developing a driven culture to retain talent
- Maintaining a balanced culture for greater facilitation of change initiatives
Rebecca EvansGroup Executive, People & Culture
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Developing Talent and Succession Plans for the Next Generation WorkforceRobert Brierley - Director of Human Resource PACCAR
PACCAR’s talent development and succession plan program identified the talent gap between current capabilities against future
requirements. A program involving training, skills development, rotation projects, promotion and coaching was then established
which has led PACCAR to develop a job capability matrix for each key role for now and the future.
- Analysing and identifying your future business and talent needs
- Conducting a capability audit and gap analysis
- Developing the Talent Acquisition, Development and Retention plan
- Optimising and reinventing your existing workforce to meet future capability demands
- Robert Brierley
Robert BrierleyDirector of Human Resource