Pre Conference Workshops
8:30 am - 11:00 am Reimagining Leadership Pathways for a Future WorkforceJayne Ward, Head of Performance, Talent & Rewards,Australia Post
As organizations change, the leadership agenda is to develop a new class of leaders with strategic and forward-thinking skills.
Characteristics of great leadership are timeless and universal. However, different eras produce different kinds of leaders and demand
for a different genre of leaders. These leaders are manifested in different skill sets, attitudes, motivation, authority and power.
- Encouraging, teaching and inspiring conscious leadership in employees to support a revolution of thinking around leadership
- Outsmarting the competition with strategic and innovative thinking
- Increasing your leaders' agility and improve the quality of their decision making
- Improving productivity & employee engagement by building a future focused mindset
Jayne WardHead of Performance, Talent & Rewards
11:00 am - 2:00 pm Retaining Talent through Development of a Progressive Organizational CultureRebecca Evans, Group Executive, People & Culture,PEXA
Organizational culture and its significance in employee engagement, recruitment and retention is a hot topic these days. According to research, 74% of recent grads would choose to work in an engaging, positive social atmosphere – even if it meant accepting a lower salary. Hence, a strong organizational culture is not only critical for engaging, attracting and retaining senior executives, it is a crucial issue going forward as organizations have a very diverse and modern generation workforce coming up.
- Exploring how a progressive organizational culture contributes to improved employee performance
- Understanding how investing in growth of a healthy culture leads to increase in productivity
- Developing a driven culture to retain talent
- Maintaining a balanced culture for greater facilitation of change initiatives
Rebecca EvansGroup Executive, People & Culture
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Developing Talent and Succession Plans for the Next Generation WorkforceRobert Brierley, Director of Human Resource,PACCAR
PACCAR’s talent development and succession plan program identified the talent gap between current capabilities against future
requirements. A program involving training, skills development, rotation projects, promotion and coaching was then established
which has led PACCAR to develop a job capability matrix for each key role for now and the future.
- Analysing and identifying your future business and talent needs
- Conducting a capability audit and gap analysis
- Developing the Talent Acquisition, Development and Retention plan
- Optimising and reinventing your existing workforce to meet future capability demands
- Robert Brierley
Robert BrierleyDirector of Human Resource